Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nous Sommes Ici!

We arrived in Paris on Tuesday, and have started to settle into the apartment, get over jet lag, figure out where to get groceries, and we've seen a few cool things too. We're so excited for your arrival next week, and can't wait to get our adventures started.
The weather has been cold, but we had some sunshine today and walked to the Eiffel Tower with the boys. Remember to bring a warm coat, but don't overpack. Seriously, I was the one telling you all how to control what you brought, and I'm already thinking of a long list of things I could send home. Really, the most important thing is a warm coat, hat and gloves, and good shoes. And remember, a lot of things can be bought here, especially because all the shops are having their annual after Christmas sales (or SOLDES). And if you're at all interested in trying to blend in while you're here, check out this great little article on how Parisians dress. I found it hilarious, and very true, even for the guys. Actually, I dressed in all black today to give it a try and had some Spanish tourists ask me for directions, the sure sign people think you're a local. I don't think they trusted me when I gave them directions to the Metro in English (which, by the way, were correct), but it was nice to be mistaken.
However you dress, be sure to be comfortable (I have a personal black fetish anyway, so it wasn't a stretch), and just enjoy!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment