Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Great Expectations

Now that our adventures in Paris are almost here, the reality is starting to set in, at least for me. Even though I've been to Paris several times, I find that each time I've visited, I've had a very different experience. The last time Steve and I were there, one of my favorite days was one when nothing went right. It rained A LOT, the museum we went to in the morning was closed except for one very bizarre, very French exhibit. Just before we got in to see the Chagall paintings on the ceiling of the Opera House they closed for rehearsals, and we were left at loose ends. We were still jet lagged, so we thought we would go back and try to get some sleep in our hotel room. When we were almost there, we changed our minds and went to the Cemeterie Du Pere Lechaise instead. The day ended up being magical.
This experience reminded me of one of my favorite parts of the film Paris, Je t'aime, a compilation of short films about most of the arrondissements in Paris. This section kind of sums up what I'm trying to say:



I think that you may be surprised to find that what you love about Paris may be where you least expect it. And I guess this is my wish for all of us, that even if our time in Paris is not exactly what we planned, that it will exceed all our expectations.

We leave on Monday to get ready to see you guys on the 18th.

See you in Paris!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Look at my post yesterday richinparis.blogspot.com . The Pere Lachaise cemetery story was one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete