Saturday, January 23, 2010

Le Musée Picasso Est Fermé

Today we got courageous and took the boys walking around The Marais in the rain to go to the Picasso Museum.

We were especially excited to go because we attempted a visit when we were here last fall, but the museum was closed for renovations. When we found out we were coming back to Paris for Study Abroad, one of the first things on our list was to finally, once and for all, see the Picasso Museum.
Well, looks like it was closed for renovations last year, then it was open this summer, and now it is CLOSED AGAIN UNTIL 2012!

Fine. I'll just go see the Picassos at the Pompidou Center! Take that Picasso Museum!

The reason I'm sharing my pain is that I don't want you to make the mistake we did and waste your valuable Paris time trying to visit (and believe me, finding it can take more time than you would think. I mean, have you been to The Marais)?

The upside is I found some really amazing little streets full of cool boutiques to go back and visit. I'm planning a trip for whoever is interested; we'll talk more about that soon!

À Bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sad! I was really looking forward to seeing that. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to try some Challah bread from the Jewish bakery in that neighborhood when you are checking out all the boutiques. That is a great shopping area!

    ReplyDelete