Monday, April 12, 2010

The French Easter Fiesta

You know, when I made that Mexican meal for Emily and Haley a couple of months ago I swore to never make Mexican in France again. Really, the rice was that bad. But their enthusiasm for my mediocre (at best) attempt made me get enough courage to try again. And I am so glad I did. It was great to have you all over for Easter, and I thought you'd like to see some photos from the feast:

Me telling everyone to come and get it. Max was wise and ate on the top bunk to avoid the feeding frenzy.

The spread: Homemade guacamole, salsa, refried beans, chicken tacos, with a few little French additions, like creme frâiche instead of sour cream, gouda cheese instead of cheddar, and romaine lettuce instead of iceberg.

Luckily cooking for you guys is like shooting fish in a barrel. Especially when you have been Mexican deprived for months.

And everyone has been asking me for THE brownie recipe, so here it is. I know that the end result looked a little like a cyclops alligator, but seeing as there were no leftovers, I'm guessing you all went away satisfied.

Brooklyn, Skye, Emily and Rosalie being attacked by Jack.

The Uno competition.

I know it's hard to be away from your families on the holidays, but thanks so much for spending your Easter with us. And I'm thinking we should all get together for all the major holidays from now on, okay? Great!

Thanks students, I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment